We like the SDS library very much and are using it in a project with great success. However there are a few things that keeps troubeling us, and is critical for the success of our project.
* Memory leak in the version of netcdf used by sds (newer versions of netcdf have this fixed) --> makes it impossible to use large datasets.
* Only possible to define infinite sized dimensions --> result in slow reads as all dimensions are infinite.
* No user interface to chunk size --> results in slow reads in many cases
* No user interface to define chunk cache
In addition there are a few features we would very much like to have if possible:
* support for groups in netcdf
* support for multiple threads reading from same dataset (this is possible with the basic netcdf library)
I hope the first issues will be fixed in the next version of SDS.
So was also wondering if there exists an approximate timeframe on when the next release and what features that will be included?